The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is recruiting for a full-time, classified AOC Fiscal Operations Manager position #00000122-21800 for the Fiscal Services Division in Santa Fe, New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under the general direction of the AOC Fiscal Services Division (FSD) Director, this position will manage the fiscal and statewide support services operation of the AOC Fiscal Services Division. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
• The AOC Fiscal Operations and Services Manager assists the AOC Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the AOC Deputy Chief
Financial Officer (DCFO) in fulfilling the AOC’s statutory mandate set forth in New Mexico Statutes Annotated (NMSA)
34-9-3(D), which relate to the finance of state courts supported by legislative appropriation.
• Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the Accounting, Procurement, Asset, and Grant services sections within
• Hire, manage, organize, and coordinate the work of professional financial staff.
• Assist subordinates in establishing and meeting goals, and identify available resources.
• Coach and motivate staff concerning the development and completion of FSD projects, deadlines, and priorities.
• Develop and establish standard operating procedures for the successful operation of FSD’s administrative systems.
• Work with AOC personnel and managers to validate expenditures and available budget in order to provide monthly
• Monitor and control the disbursements of contractual services’ budget in various funds.
• Assist in the supervision, monitoring and controlling the AOC’s financial management and accounting functions and with
directing the fiscal staff of the AOC in activities related to the overall financial management of the AOC and in
support of the financial activities within the New Mexico Judiciary.
• Supervise, monitor and oversee the external audit process and monitor and execute annual external audit contract in
compliance with the State Audit Rules and Procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of financial data and annual AOC financial statements.
• Participate in the development of financial data and payment systems; responsible for developing and implementing
procedures for managing and maintaining division functions to include procurement management, asset management, fund
and cash management, financial reconciliations, grant management, accounts receivable and payable.
• Possess and maintain the Chief Procurement Officer certification pursuant to NMSA 1978 Section 13-95.2. Serve as
backup Chief Procurement Officer (CPO), in procurement management, fund and cash
management, and reporting financial and performance data.
• Supervise, monitor and oversee the records, accountability and controls over fixed assets inventory.
• Oversee and manage the procurement of supplies, technology, equipment and capital assets on behalf of the AOC
including the custodial care of equipment, furniture, fixtures and information technology
equipment purchased by judicial entities.
• Follow proper procedures in asset purchasing, monitoring, transferring, disposal and inventory control, develop
financial statements of capital assets, and maintain asset records.
• Forecast expenditures and train those involved in purchasing in the proper method of approving and purchasing assets.
• Correct and approve various accounting documents, requisitions, purchase orders, and financial records, troubleshoot
and solve problems with vendor maintenance, and invoice payment and purchase order
• Ensure the accuracy of accounting transactions and data entry in compliance with GAAP, GASB and DFA rules and regulations.
• Assess the needs of and advocates for appropriate resources for programs within the FSD.
• Prepare and assist with Legislative bill analysis and requests.
• Attend, prepare and present information as needed for various meetings, committees and projects and perform fiscal research and analysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate knowledge of accounting and financial management techniques, inventory management, purchase order procedures; resource management and resource allocation, budgeting and budgeting regulations; governmental and general accounting principles; Governmental Accounting Standards Board pronouncements (GASB), Governmental Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), general ledger accounting systems, State Procurement Code, Statement of Auditing Standards, and Department of Finance and Administration (DFA) Rules and Regulations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work performed in an office setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed *
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*