The Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court is recruiting for a full-time, classified, Software Applications Developer Senior position #00044859-24400 for the Information Technology Division in Albuquerque, New Mexico. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under limited supervision and direction, design, implement, and/or maintain custom software applications for the New Mexico judiciary. Assist with Identifying software application and database requirements; work with end users to understand the Court’s business flow and objectives; create, design, and develop new customized applications to maintain and strengthen the Judiciary’s business processes; modify, maintain and support existing applications; integrate new features into existing applications; identify data quality problems; develop application testing procedures; train end users; document and resolve errors before implementation. Desired experience in .NET or Java, with an emphasis on web development, Web API’s, and some knowledge of front-end technology. Knowledge of current systems analysis, development, programming, testing and implementation tools and techniques. Ability to find innovative solutions. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
• The Software Applications Developer Senior is responsible to strengthen the
Judiciary’s business processes by identifying, creating, designing, and customizing
• Identifies enhancements, modifies, maintains and supports existing applications
or integrates new features into existing application(s).
• Researches, interprets, initiates and communicates best practices for fulfilling end
• Identifies data quality problems and develops strategies to remedy.
• Develops and maintains internet and intranet web applications.
• Establishes links and interfaces to other state and federal agency applications and
• Works with judicial entities to streamline and improve business processes and/or create new
business processes involving judicial technology applications.
• Develops application testing procedures, debugs, and troubleshoots new
• Develops technical manuals and documents procedures.
• Conducts application-testing procedures and troubleshoots new software.
• Coordinates and supervise the maintenance of database tables created for applications.
• May provide support to committees that guide the Judiciary’s technology direction and when
assigned act as the team lead.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate knowledge of computer science concepts and fundamentals; computer software design and development; software project life cycles; database schema design ; structured query language (SQL); object-oriented programming concepts and languages such as Java and/or C#; integrated development environment software; operating systems to include both Windows and Linux; software change management; industry standards and its impact on technology and processes; commercial off the shelf software related to court administration, case management or case type systems, judicial and/or law enforcement business domains (examples would include: Odyssey, TRACS, or similar products); application programming interfaces; and database scripting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work
environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs,
employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
● What are your benefits worth? Click here to find out
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*