The Fifth Judicial District Court is recruiting for a full-time, At-Will, Deputy Court Executive Officer 2 position #00027969-23500 in Roswell, NM. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Deputy Court Executive Officer 2 is responsible for overseeing the management and administration of diverse court divisions, such as the administrative services and the non-judicial operations of the court, and manages divisions and programs through subordinate managers and staff ensuring resources are allocated in a manner that maximizes efficiency in court operations and enhances service to the public. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminal background checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
● The Deputy Court Executive Officer 2 provides general operational and administrative direction to and supervision of court employees in coordination with the Court
Executive Officer and management.
● Assists with the oversight and management of administration to include finance, facilities, security, human resources and information systems, and the non-judicial
operations of the court, to include pre-trial services, case management and specialty courts.
● Makes recommendations to the Court Executive Officer regarding budget priorities and develops long and short-term strategic financial goals.
● Assists in the oversight, review and/or preparation of the financial audit process, grant administration, fixed assets and facility administration.
● May review and approve court financial reports, reconciliations, financial statements, or expenditures, and ensure purchases comply with the NM Procurement Code.
● May serve as Chief Financial Officer and/or Chief Procurement Officer for the court.
● May directly or indirectly oversee the negotiation and management of contracts on behalf of the court and in accordance with established contracting procedures and
● May manage the court’s jury operations including the efficient use of state and citizens’ time and resources.
● May plan current and future court facility and space needs; work with county managers, architects, contractors, subcontractors and vendors in the modification,
maintenance or upgrade of existing facilities.
● In conjunction with the County Sheriff’s Department, the Supreme Court, and AOC, may assist in the oversight of security for the court to provide a safe environment for
the court employees and members of the public.
● Collaborates with outside security agencies to ensure the safety and well-being of all judges, staff and the public.
● Enforces court security measures for information technology, public information and records including timely responses to IPRA requests and media inquiries.
● Manages uniform record-keeping systems, collects data on pending and completed judicial business and internal operations as required by the court and Supreme Court.
● Manages facilities in a manner that provides for a safe, secure and ergonomic work environment.
● Assists in the research, development, coordination, and tracking of legislative initiatives and bills; researches and drafts proposed legislation; provides testimony
and develops strategies for passage of legislation; performs bill analyses for effect and impact on the court; analyzes court/program needs and addresses requests from
legislature and other interested parties.
● May assist and serve as liaison to state, county, municipal or private organizations; consult and collaborate with managers, employees, state agencies, state
legislators, the public, press, attorneys, and private vendors.
● Prepares comprehensive status and statistical reports, rules, procedures, and address citizen complaints.
● May be appointed to internal judicial and external community steering committees to develop and manage efficient court processes and policies, and make recommendations
relevant to the court’s jurisdiction and initiatives.
● May advise the court’s judges on performance measures and case management best practices, and assist in equitably assigning caseloads to the court’s judges.
● May develop and implement information technology solutions for the court, including fixed assets.
● Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate experience in budget development, management of multiple diverse programs and staff, policy development, delivering presentation to diverse audience including testifying before a legislative or similar body, and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the organization and functions of the judicial branch of government. Demonstrated ability to lead and direct change that benefits the operations of the court, and provide exemplary leadership through integrity, honesty, respect and effective team building skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers, clients, the public, and judges and justices.
This position reports to the Court Executive Officer 3.
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistance program (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
● State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
● Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
● Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
● Ten (10) paid holidays
● Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
● Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
● Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
● Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
● Bilingual compensation*
● Training and career development opportunities
● Higher education opportunities and educational leave
● May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
● May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
● May receive physical fitness leave*
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*