New Mexico State Judiciary Job Opening
Back to Job Opportunities Page
Administrative Office of the Courts
Domestic Relations Hearing Officer #00054600-23200 (At will) Full Time - PERM
Opening Date: 01-03-2019 -
Job Pay Range: $48.53 per hour ($100,949.10 annually) plus benefits
Target Pay Range/Rate:
Under the supervision of the Presiding Family Court Judge, applicant will be assigned a domestic violence caseload. May also be assigned caseloads to include domestic relations and child support matters. Consistent with Rule 1-053.2 duties may include: (1) review petitions for indigency; (2) conduct hearings on all petitions and motions, both before and after entry of the decree; (3) in child support enforcement division case, carry out the statutory duties of a child support hearing officer; (4) carry out the statutory duties of a domestic violence special commissioner and utilize the procedures as set for in Rule 1-053.1 NMRA; (5) assist the court in carrying out the purposes of the Domestic Relations Mediation Act; and (6) prepare recommendations for review and final approval by the court.
• J.D. from an accredited law school, New Mexico licensed attorney in good standing
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the practice of law with at least 20% of practice having been in family law or domestic relations matters.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with judges, the legal community, and staff; and to communicate complex rules clearly and concisely, respond with tact and courtesy both orally and in writing.
• Extensive knowledge of New Mexico and federal case law, constitution and statutes; court rules, policies and procedures; manual and computer legal research and analysis.
• A work record of dependability and reliability, attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, and effective organizational skills.
• Ability to pass a background check.
BENEFITS* Leave - Annual and sick leave are accrued by regular, full-time employees at the rate of 4.62 hours annual and 3.69 hours sick leave, per bi-weekly pay period. A total of ten paid holidays per calendar year.
Group Health Insurance Blue Cross Blue Shield Dual Option Point of Service Plan Presbyterian Health Regional Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) The Health Insurance Plans provide comprehensive services for you and your family for illness and injury (not arising in connection with your employment).
Group Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance $50,000 of Basic Life, $50,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
Group Dental Insurance Delta Dental - The dental option provides preventive, basic, major, or orthodontic dental care and treatment.
Group Vision Insurance Davis Vision - The plan is designed to provide for regular eye examinations and benefits toward vision care expenses including glasses or contact lenses.
Public Employees' Retirement Association Employees of affiliated public employers are required to become members of the P.E.R.A. as a condition of their employment. The contribution amount is 8.92 percent of your gross bi-weekly earnings. Voluntary retirement is attained with 30 or more years of credited service, at any age.
*All benefits are subject to change.
Apply at or send application or resume supplemental form, proof of education and writing sample to the address below (400 Lomas Location). Applications not including copies of information requested on the employment application will be rejected.
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Resume Supplemental Forms:
Microsoft Word Format
Adobe PDF Format
Second Judicial District Court
Human Resource Office
400 Lomas Blvd. NW (Third Floor/Room 325)
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Telephone: (505) 841-5497
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER